I have to admit. I was nervous to try this one! Every time I saw an avocado egg bake picture pop up on Pinterest it looked so good, I but figured there was no way I could pull it off. I think the key to this is to make sure you take a little bit of the avocado out so your eggs fit! Otherwise, it’s super simple AND delicious.
1 ripe avocado
2 fresh eggs
pinch of pepper
pinch of cayenne
1/2 tablespoon chopped chives
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
– Slice the avocado in half, and take out the pit. Scoop out about two tablespoons of flesh from the center of the avocado, just enough so the egg will fit snugly in the center.
– Place the avocados in a small baking dish.
– Crack an egg into each avocado half.
– Place in the oven and bake for 15 to 20 minutes. Cooking time will depend on the size of your eggs and avocados. Just make sure the egg whites have enough time to set.
– Remove from oven, then season with pepper, chives, and cayenne.